To leave a comment click on the post title.

October 13, 2008

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots

*From Becky at FYM

I love roasted veggies and do just about anything that way but recently tried brussel sprouts and carrots together. I know the little cabbages aren't most peoples favorite but they are so yummy this way my 2yo must be encouraged to eat other things! Plus the presentation is so beautiful.

Cut carrots into sticks (if using baby carrots cut in half)
Cut brussel sprouts in 4ths length wise
Toss with olive oil, sea salt, crushed black pepper and a titch of ground rosemary

Bake on 425 for about 20-30 minutes (my stove takes 30, my moms 20)
Toss once during roasting
Roast until the sprouts are browning on the outside and the carrots look carmelized.
Makes great left overs too.
I do asparagus this way too but omit the rosemary.

No comments: